Elder Tanner Hammond

Elder Tanner Hammond

Monday, December 19, 2016

Week 69: MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎄:)

GEY HUYS!!

What the heck is up people?? Don't forget to watch the video below.

We had a bomb district meeting last Tuesday! Our district leader really knows how to put a solid district meeting together.. the Spirit is always so strong and the Elders always love it. (I'm the district leader... hehe). No, but really it was good. We talked a lot about obedience and how many more blessings are waiting for us when we are obedient, it was really good! :) We also met with an investigator named Juan, he's way weird. Great guy. Super nice just a little weird, ya feel? He invited us to come out to his cabin thing in the middle of nowhere and to like talk to the nuns that are out there and do some "missionary activity". I don't know man! I was just like, "Hmm...nuns and Mormons... weird combo." We talked about the Book of Mormon with him. He's read it 2 times all the way through. He just reads because he doesn't have too much else to do. He's a good guy. :)

We got bailed on a couple more times this week so that was greeeeatttt! 🙄 People in Fuen are just hard to be honest. I've only been here 5 weeks and we've been bailed on more than I have my whole mission! But on the bright side, we have a lot of potential to have a really. really good week next week! We called a ton of people and set up a bunch of citas with them so we're stokedddd. Also, coming up next week, we have the talent show and guess who's singing? 😏 Yeahhhh buddy! I am. One of the sisters in my zone calls me freaking out last week. "ELDER HAMMOND! You have to sing with me at the talent show!" I'm like I don't sing, but count me in. So needless to say she did the typical girl thing and goes all out. She freakin' choreographs a whole dance routine and we are singing White Christmas by Michael Bublé and Shania Twain. We're gonna kill it. There will be a video of it. Soooo just prepare yourselves! Hahaha. We just got done practicing it with Hermana Burrell and honestly it's so dope.. Video to come next week! :)

Friday night was doooope. We had the Christmas dinner with our whole ward!! There were soooo many people there! Holy crap! I hated it because it was like, "Hey! Oh! There's food! Let's go! But let's NEVER come to church on Sundays"!! Yeah! No. When I say I hated it, I lied because I actually loved it! :) It was awesome and helpful. One lady brought like 5 friends and one of them apparently is interested in learning more. We are going to start meeting with her! We also met a lot of people that we don't know and got to know a couple of them more! It was awesome. The Elders sang in the choir. We killed it, duh! I had a solo. Hahaha! Ahh man! Let's just say I think Blake Shelton would have turned his chair around for me! 😎

Our plans for Christmas, you ask? Well... some members that we don't see very often invited us over on Saturday night. Then President invited us over for Christmas brunch right after sacrament! THEN I GET TO TALK TO MY FAMILY!!! HAHAHAHAHA! YESSSSSSS! UGH! 😍😍😍 I'm stoked!

I hope ALL OF YOU have a GREAT CHRISTMAS!!! My last one in Spain. I was thinking about that during the Christmas dinner while watching all the kids re-enact the nativity scene and it was such a cool feeling knowing I was blessed by the Lord to be able to serve in Spain for two years of my life and get to know the people I've met. It's been so awesome and I'm gonna live it up these next 6 months! Time is running out! So many more people to teach about the Gospel! 😩 HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 🎄🎁 ❄️☃️😊

Much love.
White Christmas Dreamin',
Elder Tanner B. Hammond

AKA..Barbara and Tammy (see video below)


My Christmas sweater with bells on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment