Elder Tanner Hammond

Elder Tanner Hammond

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Week 37: Bowled a 165 today and took first 💯

HEY GUYS!!!!

Wow. Let me just say how freakin happy I am right now. I am so happy. Mother's Day was a 224% major success. So good to see my wonderful, gorgeous family and friends! 😍 Seriously, can't even tell you guys how #blessed I am to know the people I know and have the people I have in my life. Every single one of you has made an impact in my life somehow, someway. Thank you all for what you've done for me. :)

Alright so here's DAWEEK...

Tuesday - can't remember anything about Tuesday other than that night we had correlation with our ward mission leader Hermano Caballero! Their family is awesome. He has a son who's finishing his papers who is way sick.  Hopefully I'll be here when he gets his call!

Wednesday - don't remember much about Wednesday other than we had English classes that night and it was our grand opening! We printed out information sheets and gave all the people who came a quiz to determine for themselves what class they should be in. (Advanced, intermediate or beginner) at the end of the info sheet, we asked if they wanted to take the lessons from the missionaries and the only people that put yes were the members that are in the class! 😂 It was sad but gave all of us a good laugh.

Thursday - I can cook. I made the GNARLIEST Paella which is basically a really complicated dish of chicken and rice. The next time I make it I’ll for sure have to take a picture. It was just so intriguing, I couldn’t resist! But yeah that was dank. That night we went and helped a lady in our ward named Abdulia move some stuff from her old piso to her new piso. We are going back tonight to help her. After that, the best part of the week... SOCCER. Honestly like it would probably be even more fun if I was actually good and could kick the ball, but like I told you guys last week, I moved to strictly goalie and I'm working my way up the ladder. By the time I'm done here in Spain, I'll for sure be able to say what my boy Drake said "started from the bottom now we here". Good song. It's kinda fun to be an American, playing soccer in Spain with a bunch of Spaniards. Only cuz when they don't score on me they get so mad and are just like "HOW AM I NOT SCORING ON THIS FREAKIN GRINGO?!?" It's the best man. 

Friday - Friday consisted of us going to Alicante for zone meeting! It was my first time meeting my new zone! It's a really big zone, but full of not a whole lot of people that I know haha. They announced that we were going to do a mission-wide fast, and they asked me to give a personal experience on fasting, so I shared the experience of the one time when we fasted to know if I should go on a mission or not and how obvious it was that I got my answer. I've realized something about fasting tho, and it's the worst friend, but it will bring the most blessings. It sure is worth it. After that we went to Dominos with the whole zone.  It was pretty fun and very packed. When we got home later that day, we had English classes. We had to teach the beginners class. Yippy! 🙃😐 I taught the homies the alphabet which was pretty lit.

Saturday - We had to go to a place called Elda, it's where Elder Ngatai and Rex live because we had to dedicate their piso. We got there a little early and so we did splits. I went with Ngatai and Lowry and Rex were together. We were contacting and having no luck at all so we decided to go to a different part of town but on our way we ran in to a real surprise. We don't really know what but it was way dope it was like a giant concert looking like Oscar awards
ceremony thing. There were playing short little films and playing music while people danced and stuff. It was really cool so we tried talk to some more people in the streets that were there.

Sunday - Sunday we went to church and after that we got to break our fast at our Bishop’s house! Fun fact about the Bish here... He served in the Salt Lake City North Mission about 30-35 years ago. They fed us chili and rice and it was way good. After that, we played a game called like Rummi or something like that. It was so fun hahah I love it. Very addicting. Then after that, we went to the Garcia’s house to FACETIME 😍 Oh my gosh! It was so awesome. I loved hearing that everyone is doing so good and I miss you guys all so much :) Also, I wrote in the last page of my first journal that night as well so I will be startin a new one today!!! I never thought in a million years I would ever be done with that thing hahahahaha so I'm proud of myself! 🙌🏻

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers, grandmothers, future moms, and all other types of moms out there. Shouts to all of you .. You have the most important job in the world and there's a reason the male species wasn't chosen to play the role of a mother. Keep doing what you do and know you're doing a better job than you think. Hope you all have a great week, and you bet your bottom dollar you'll be hearing from me again next week 💯!

Love,
Elder T Brady Hammond

District Bowling!  





No comments:

Post a Comment