Elder Tanner Hammond

Elder Tanner Hammond

Monday, April 17, 2017

Week 86: Faaaaat guy in a little coooat 😎

Fam Fam Fam 😍

Madre mía! It's been such a boring/weird/chaotic week. It was all around good, but not too exciting or anything special. Most of the week was spent trying to get in, through and out of the centro to get to and from our area. I explained that a little bit last week when we decided "if we couldn't beat em, we'd join em!" 😂 We saw some really cool floats for the Semana Santa of Jesus and everything. I took pictures of my favorites so I'll be sure to attach them at the end here. :)

Sooo, we had district meeting on Tuesday. Our DL is almost going home. He leaves in a couple of weeks. 😂 😬 We had intercambios on Thursday and I was with him. He's from Oregon, is 7'1, 300 pounds and he doesn't play sports. 🙃 He's so freakin' giant! He fishes, so that's good for sure. He's a good kid, but like I said, he's kinda ready to go home. 😂 We didn't really have anything special happen during our time together. We taught a couple of street lessons about Easter and showed them the new Prince of Peace video!

We met with Amalia again on Saturday as usual! She's progressing little by little. She said she didn't have time and she kinda forgot to pray. She's reading in the BoM and she's starting to understand the whole prophet concept. She's still unsure if God actually exists, but like I said, little by little haha. We talked about the plan of salvation with her, and it was really cool to see it click with her! When we talked about the 3 kingdoms, she was curious to know how to get to the Celestial, so we are planning on going in depth about that soon. She said she's hopefully going to come to church with us this upcoming week hopefully the members that she lives with will come. They haven't been recently but she said if they go she will come!

We had an English couple come to church the past 2 weeks, and I had to translate for them. The man loves to talk, so it was funny how we would be translating and he'd just turn around and start talking to me and my comp and his wife was just like shut up I wanna know what she's saying! It was so funny. He just kept praising us for the work we are doing and it was actually kind of sad. He was just like bashing on the big guy because it is super obvious that he wants to be done with the mission. 😂 He kept telling me and Van Moos how good we look and he can tell we love what we're doing by the look in our eyes, :,) He was saying how he wished missionaries in Europe would do more service and work with the elderly more. He made a really good point actually. He was saying how if we work with them, they'll ask their kids to look into who we are and from there we will know their kids then start working with them and maybe it'll work back up to the person we helped. We've been focusing a ton on working with younger people from ages 15-25 ish, and it's been alright but maybe the whole working with the older people will help too! We had a family come up to us yesterday and tell us their 8-year old son isn't baptized yet and they want us to come over and help him with that so on Wednesday we're gonna go teach him and see what's up with him. :)

That's pretty much all I got for you guys for this week. I'm sorry it's boring! I promise I'll spice it up next week 🙃 Just know that I love you all and I hope you had a great Easter yesterday!! ❤️

Much love.
Hot cuz I'm fly,
Tanner 



As you can kinda tell from the pics, it was packed everywhere and impossible to get to and from places 



Huge Mexican ship passed thru Huelva yesterday literally biggest flag I've ever seen.




No comments:

Post a Comment