Elder Tanner Hammond

Elder Tanner Hammond

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Week 6: First day in...

HELLO!!! Today was freaking crazy! It started out when we woke up at 5:30 in order to catch a train to Màlaga at 8:25. We got on the train and I pretty much slept the whole ride. We got to the train station and then we walked a short distance to get to some church they had pretty close by.  Once we were there we met all the people who would be training the new missionaries! We had pizza and watched some weird safety driving video. 

After lunch we had our interviews with President Anderson and then it was time for the moment of truth. After way too much anticipation and so much nervousness, I got assigned with Elder Shields! He is pretty cool he is from Washington! He's 21 and has been out for about 14 months. He's nice and he has a guitar so we can relate through music. We got assigned to Córdoba!!! This place is new for both of us so we got kinda lost trying to find the piso but some older lady finally helped us haha. There are two other elders in our apartment that will be leaving tomorrow.  I have my own bed and an iPad.

It's been a crazy day and I'm excited to see what's next! Thanks for all the support :) if you want to send letters my address is: 

Calle Historiador Manuel Salcines #2 1° 2 
Córdoba 14004 
Spain

I will email you the next chance I get! My P day is on Mondays now :) I love you guys!!! Keep me in your prayers!! Have a great week :):)

Love, 
Elder Hammond


Malaga is the mission home.  Cordoba is just north about 2 hours by car.

According to Google Earth... this is his apartment.  Not confirmed, just his Mom stalking him with technology!  


No comments:

Post a Comment