Elder Tanner Hammond

Elder Tanner Hammond

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Week 4: One Month!

Hello all!! I hope all is going wonderful at home! Thank you all for the love and support coming from home :) There is no better feeling than knowing how much support and love I have coming all the way from the other side of the world. 

Geez where do I start? I will start off with what I remember most. Today for P Day, we took a tour of the Real Madrid Stadium! It was the sweetest thing ever! I can honestly say that I have gained a lot of respect for soccer and soccer players. I have a man crush on Ronaldo. Holy crap he is a soccer God. I miss FIFA a lot now hahahah. 
Tanner and Elder Wahlster at the REAL Madrid Stadium Tour. 

Close up!

Tanner and Elder Romney.  This is like the Dallas Cowboys Stadium of Spain!  

The place to be!


Funny story of the week:  I can't remember if I told about this last week or not but I was shopping at the mall and there were these guys who were selling stuff off the streets and it was all nice stuff and super duper cheap so I bought a 95 Euro jersey for 20 Euros hahaha! Then when I bought it they saw the cops from a distance and so they picked up their bags and ran away haha I couldnt help but laugh! 

Spiritual story of the week: Anyways, today in the temple, I had just finished my temple session and I was sitting in the Celestial Room and I looked up and immediately started thinking of Jenny (My special needs aunt that passed away eight years ago) and I got the biggest smile on my face and I started crying but it was tears of joy. It is so good knowing that where she is now, is the best place for her. I know for a fact that she is happier than she has ever been and I know that I am making up for all the times I would bug her while she was doing her business on the toilet and making her say "Shut the fweekin doe Tanno!" Hahah I miss her so much but I know she is watching over me and making sure I am doing what is right and I love knowing that she is happy :) 

I have learned so much since I have been here. Thinking more about others and less about myself is one of the things that I wasn't really used to but now I don't really have a choice haha! I have learned that if I focus on my investigator's needs and what they need to know and what they need to learn about, the spirit is always there in the lessons. Having the spirit as my constant companion is the best. 

The language continues to press forward. We learn about 2 new things per day and it can be frustrating at times, but it'll all come to me if I continue to work hard. Like Dad said, the language and words are easy to get. But it's the conjugating that is the hard part. He wasn't kidding haha. I am just glad that I don´t have to learn a language that I have never heard of haha :) 

Both of my "investigators" are coming along really well! One other thing I learned this week is that the law of chastity is an awkward subject to teach! I won't go in to detail! 

That pretty much sums up my week! I promise when I get out of here my emails will be more interesting! We do the same stuff here everyday but I love it! 

Thank you all for everything! Keep sending the love my way and I will send it back! Dont forget to read the BOM and pray daily :) I love you all!

Elder THam

No comments:

Post a Comment