Elder Tanner Hammond

Elder Tanner Hammond

Monday, November 7, 2016

Week 63: When Ke$ha said "it's going down, I'm yelling timber" she was talking about our country.

Gooood Monday to my favorite people ever :) 

Another week has come and gone and it was a fairly good one! Pretty normal other than we had intercambios with the zone leaders. This coming week I have to do intercambios again with some Elders in my district so that'll be goin down on Tuesday to Wednesday. We will be getting some news on transfers coming up this week as well so I'll for sure let you know about that too. Before I forget I gotta give the littlest brother two shoutouts. One for his birthday on Thursday.. DOUBLE DIGITS! Happy birthday stud! :) And another one for taking the championship on Saturday!!! The kid is 10 and he already has more championships than his oldest brother! 😳 So yeah! Good job R Ham! 🙌🏻 Now here's some of my week. :) 

Tuesday was a way good day. We had district meeting and it went really well, then with the other district in our zone we all ate together and so that was always fun. After that, we went and had a lesson with an investigator named Noemi from Nicaragua. Later that day we went and met with some new investigators named Mari and Joey, they're from Zimbabwe. We celebrated Mari's birthday with some very frozen cheesecake and there were a ton of people so we just showed a video and then we testified. You could tell some of the people really liked it. :) After we played soccer with a couple of investigators and other missionaries. It was a grand time.  

Well on Wednesday, like I said, we went and did splits with the zone leaders. I went with Elder Padilla and he's such a beast. I loved being able to work with him! We taught a lesson to an investigator who wants to be baptized, but she's living with her boyfriend and they have a kid so we had a lesson about marriage and we were talking about how the gospel blesses families. We challenged her to read the scriptures and pray every morning and night before they go to sleep together! She said she would do it so I'm waiting to hear how it went.   

Thursday morning we were still in Los Alcázares from splits, we didn't do much in the morning, caught a bus home around 1:30 and got home round 2:00. We came home and then later we had a lesson with an investigator named Jose. We talked to him about the 10 commandments and it was a pretty good lesson. Thursday night we had our weekly English class and noche de hogar and it was my turn to teach it. I talked about prayer and had a little activity using a tie and they had to tie a knot in it without letting go of it with their hands and the only way to do it is crossing your arms like you're praying. :) Hahahahaha! I got a package too. 😍😍😍 I said haha so much because I brought the Mike 'n Ike's to the church with us and one of the dudes comes up to me and my comp as he's eating one and tells us that the candy looks like the "pisha de un gato" hahahahah which means, well, a cat's private part. You could say we died laughing especially cuz the sisters were like what does that mean??? 😂😂 Way funny.

Friday... hmmmmmm. We were supposed to have a cita with Jarel but his parents weren't home :( we had a really good lesson with a less active that we have and we read in Enos and talked about answers to prayer and it was really good! Later we walked a lot and talked with a couple different/new people. Really not much happened. Oh, I just remembered! We finally met with Juan again! We had a good lesson with him about the Plan of Salvation it was awesome. He found a job here in Cartagena so we will be able to meet easier and more often with him! 

Saturday was boring as well except for we played soccer in the morning up in Los Alcázares with the zone leaders and other Elders as well. A ton of members came and we are planning on playing every Saturday so I'm down. :) A couple funny things happened Saturday night. We had nothing set so our goal was just to find people. We went to a place called Santa Ana and it's just a cute little down not big at all. We were walking and these two 13 year old girls from the other side of the street just yell "HEY MISSIONARIES!!" So we're like "Oh hey!" and wave keep walking then we hear them telling us to wait so they ran over to us we talked to them for like 20 mins just about what we are doing and we told them about the Book of Mormon and gave each of them one and they got so excited. They loved it. We told them about our English classes and they got even more excited so hopefully they come to that. (Luke... I'll be sure to talk about you since they're your age bro. I got you 😏

Sunday we did the usual, ate with Pepe and Trini and then went to church. :) 

Thank you all for everything you guys do and I hope you have a greatttt week. :) Let me know who wins the elections. Nothing compares to our parade election. I'll attach the pic so nobody forgets my last 4th of July back home. 😂😂 BYE PEOPLE LOVE YOU ALL!!!


Much Love.
Trumppin,
Sir T Ham 💸

PS - Garet and Keri vetoed the picture of the parade election.  If you saw it you would thank us. 😂 We are trying to protect those involved and the innocent.  

Posers

At a castle with the cruise ships


Cool castle again :)





No comments:

Post a Comment