Elder Tanner Hammond

Elder Tanner Hammond

Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 82: Fuen 🚅 Huelva and Baptism!

Heyooooo,

My peeps! Welp, looks like your favorite missionary is back and comin' atcha with another stellar weekly report. 😎 This week was freeeeakin' good it all ended with some exciting news and two people in a tank of water while dressed in all white! 😇 Let's get to it.🥁

Alrighty! What happened this week? Wowzers! We went to a pueblo we have called Benalmádena. It's such a sick place. I  love it! :) It's super touristy. We taught our investigator Victor and it was a good lesson. It kind of  started off weird however.  We we were talking about the plan of salvation, Adam and Eve and all the creation and he asked why the Bible doesn't talk about ancient animals like dinosaurs... 🙃 Honestly, being here in Spain and listening to some of the questions I've heard in my 20 months here is crazy!  Good heck! Sometimes I just wanna reply with the, "Hey...guy.. Um Why in the heck does that thought even come to your head¿?" I freakin' don't even know man! There's some weird brains out there. But all in all it was a good lesson. He loved the plan of salvation and hopefully he can make it to church one of these days here soon.  :) 


After that lesson we wandered around the city and around the pier area. It's sooo dope! I got this craving for ice cream which was random because it was actaully cold. I thought that maybe if I found a good deal I'll swoop it. Guess what!? I found THEE BEST deal. A huge cone and 3 different flavors.. for €4. Are you kidding me right now? I bought it so fast and couldn't even finish it it was so big. About half way thru I decided to take a pic.  I'll attach.

We met with Leonor, Luz Estela and Valentina. It was a way good lesson about baptism & the Gospel of Jesus Christ in general. The freakin' Satan did not want them to like our message at all. We started talking about baptism and the Holy Ghost and everything and up until then, everything was going good. It was nice and smooth and what not, well we start on baptism and the doorbell rings, so they get it. It's some family. So they get the door and then we start again and I thought we were all good to get spiritual again. Nope. I was wrong. We weren't all good. Three other different groups of 5 or 6 people come filing in one after the other. As all these people came in, the spirit went right out the back door, jumped about 40 feet into a pool, got out, ran to the ocean and got on a boat that took it straight to Africa then from there He went as far away as possible from that house! 🙃 It was not awesome. Sooo we talk to a little then finally they realize, "Oh hey! These two American boys look like they're teaching something. We should probably stop being 6962 decibels loud!!!" Luckily, when they went into the back room, the spirit trickled its way back in and bore a powerful testimony about the power of the priesthood and the way we do baptisms. :) We showed them a video of when Jesus was baptized and it was so cool to see how into it they all there. :) We didn't commit them to a date yet, but they're progressing really well and they're all reading that one blue book that's way good! :)

GABRIEL'S BAPTISM!!! It was SOO good! :) I love baptisms and happiness and watching people cry because they're happy. Ugh! I just love this gospel. We went early to help them set up for the baptism and everything. The mom was super stressed out (typical moms lol)! During church I went up to her and told her that we made the agenda for his baptism and she just like gave me a huge hug in front of the whole ward lol! It was kinda awkward but she's like, "Ahh! I've been so worried about that. Thank you so so much!" That made me feel really good that we did that. :) We set up and then when it got time for the service to start, we sang I'm a Child of God. Holy Schnikees! The spirit was soooo strong. There were about 50+ people there and everyone said how much they loved the whole service and it was just awesome. We sat next to Gabriel, Aleeu & Cintia during the meeting and when we were singing they were all just crying so hard and I wanted to cry but I held it in. ;) During the ordinance his dad, Aleeu, started crying again and it literally just made me so happy to see how much my comp and I helped this family grow closer together and help them be happier and love each other even more. 😊 He asked me to be part of the circle when he confirmed Gabriel and it was so special. Then after we watched a video that they made with pics of him and it reminded me of Luke & Reece's baptism and I almost just lost it again but I didn't cry surprisingly lol. Gabriel got up to share his testimony and he gets up and goes, "Well, you guys all know my name. If you don't, I'm the kid who you came for and I just got baptized!" Haha! Then he started crying as he was saying he knows this church is true and how much he loves his family and then he said, "I don't know how to describe the happiness that I have right now!" I will admit that for the first time in my entire life, I literally shed 1 tear and that was it. Haha. It was like the ":')" guy. That was me. It was so freakin' awesome and such a good day! :)

Like my subject line says, we got transfer calls yesterday and it looks like I'm headed to my new & LAST area 😅😭. I'm pretty excited because I heard it's a way cool place. :) It's called Huelva and it's pretty close to Portugal so I'm excited to go there and finish the mish. :) My new companion's name is Elder Van Moos. I don't know him too well but we talked for like 4.71 seconds before Christmas at a zone conference in the hall. I'll also be in the same district as my good pal Elder Reeder who was in Alicante with me last summer and he's like 7'1 so he's pretty short. It's gonna be hard to leave my hijo Elder Bettridge. He's a good kid but I'll hopefully see him one more time before me voy to the 801 de nuevo. I'm pretty stoked to be going to Huelva! 😎

I love each one of you human beings and I hope you're all doing wonderful whenever you are reading this. :) Have the best of week and you'll be hearing from yours truly (me) in another 7 days when I'm in Huelva. 😛 Os amo, pichitas <3.

Much love.
Dos Más,
e. t HAM 🌟



Huge storm with way big waves we saw the other day

Huge storm with way big waves we saw the other day

My freakin steal of an ice cream 🍦 I was a happy little kiddo 

Gabriel's cake 😂 dopest cake you've ever seen

Me and my date






Todos los jóvenes

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


No comments:

Post a Comment