Elder Tanner Hammond

Elder Tanner Hammond

Monday, August 22, 2016

Week 52 - BOUT A YEAR AGO, YEAR AGOOO

HEYYY YOU GUUUUYYYSSSS - (Name the movie)

Well, well, well, here we are again. I'm typing as we speak, and now as we speak, you guys are reading. Isn't it kinda cool how that works? I think so too. :) This week honestly was just a lot of fun to be honest  Here’s a little bit about my weeeeeek. 

To start things off, I'm getting transferred /::::: I'm going to a place called Cartagena. My old comp Elder Rex is there right now, but I'm taking his spot. My new comp is named Elder Blasi. Pretty sure he's from Illinois and he goes home in 6 weeks so we will only have one transfer together! Good kid from what i know.

So the subject line basically says it all. I've officially made it in the mission. One year ahhh yeah. 😜 On Wednesday, we celebrated as a district with the GNARLY package stuff my mom/fam sent me. 😍 it was sooo fun! Literally everyone in my district was so amazed by how much stuff my mom put in the box she sent me. :) I was so happy and the best was my "Hump Day” shirt! It's the best. I made a tie-dye cake and oh my gosh, most complicated cake I've ever seen in my life. You should be so proud of me. 😩 it was so good. It took so long tho hahahaha. I'll attach some pics of the party below. :) (more pictures of the party on the blog)

Friday night was awesome. We had a noche de hogar and ate with Santi and his family in their house!! Gosh they're so awesome and nice and everything but they just won't let Santi get baptized!! He's almost to Alma in the BOM, so hopefully he gets done and they realize that he really wants to be baptized and they'll let him! When we got there, the USA vs Spain game was on.............so we watched it 🙈 hahaha!  It was weird seeing actual basketball for once! For those of you that don't know already, Pau Gasol is literally a God to the people here in Spain. He's from here so everyone just bows down to him. “Oh, you like basketball? Who's your favorite player?" "Pau Gasol" every time. Without fail. Then you got those bandwagoners who say Steph Curry haha. But yeah so then we ate and after we talked to them about Jesus :) we showed his parents his teaching record, that shows how much he’s learned. Every thing that we have taught him is on there and so it was cool for his parents to see how much he's learned and everything. He's such a stud and I'm definitely going to miss him. I'm gonna get permission from Pres to come to his baptism if it happens while I'm on my mission. :)

Sunday was a good way to end the last day with my companion Llavina.  He left today because he's training so he has to go to Málaga to pick up his noob. So after church we went to the Caballero’s  house and ate with them one last time together. I had them all sign my journal and it was sad. Aaron and his family are going to Utah this week. I told them Dad would take them out on the boat if they found him 😂 so Dad, if some family with two cute little kids show up, take em to Pineview and show them how to live. :) The good news is that my boi Jacob has a lot of friends in Cartagena so he will come visit me a couple times. :) We did a tie trade and he gave me one of his soccer jerseys :’). He should be getting his call soon. I dont  know when but he said he's gonna live in Utah so we will be boiz til death 💯. Then that night we went to the Palomino’s house and they threw us a surprise party. 😊 Leaving’s bday is the 27th so it was for his bday and my going away as well. It was so fun! I love that family so much! They made us both a video of all the pics and videos we have taken together in our time together and for the song they put "See you again" and for those of you who don't know, that’s a song that is special to Reece and me. I cry literally every time I hear it. Party cuz I'm a huge Paul Walker fan (it was on the last Fast and Furious movie and Paul Walker got me 7500 retweets) and cuz when I took Reece to see that movie, we both cried at the end because I was leaving in a few days. 😩😩 So yeah, I cried during the video. It was so sad! I'm already so excited to come back and visit after my mish! Introduce all these people to my family and see what they say about me.

The next couple of days will just be saying bye to a couple more people. It's kind of complicated because I have to stay with the other Elders here because my comp is gone. I head over to Cartagena on Wednesday morning. So next Monday you'll know if I made it or not! I'll keep you guys updated. :)

I love you all!! Hope you all have a brilliant week and know I am praying for you guys! :) ALSO SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE REAL SLIM SHADYS WHO WISHED ME A HAPPY HUMP DAY WITH MY SIGN THINGY AND MY MOM TOOK YOUR PICS. YOU GUYS DA BEST!  ILY AND YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL HUMANS OF SOCIETY.

DUECES,
Transferrin'
E T B H < 3

Saying goodbye to the Palomino family.  We are sad.

See ya soon my dood!

VIVA MEXICO!! This was our party that the Palomino family threw for us last night. I drew my comp’s stache!  LOL! I was proud! 


Saying goodbye to the Cabellero family.


My District and our Hump Day party!




Best T-Shirt EVER!




No comments:

Post a Comment