Elder Tanner Hammond

Elder Tanner Hammond

Monday, February 27, 2017

Week 79: It's gettin' hot ova here! Literally. 🙃🔥

Sooooo do you guys remember when it was like the beginning of February and we were all like, "Oh my goodness! It's already February? How weird is that??" And do you remember how it's already like MARCH THIS WEEK? OH MY HECK WHAT IS GOING ON?!? Seriously, like the more I think about it it's just weird. 

Wanna hear something way funny that happened to me this week? Okay! If you said no, I'm going to tell you anyways. Wednesday night we get home from a really good day, and I'm like dang, I want some salchipapas (hot dogs and french fries) so I start making them. I heat up the oil, cut up the hot dogs and start cooking those, then when the oil was hot I dumped the fries into the oil and life was great. After like 30 seconds of the fries being in the oil, I didn't want them to stick together, so with a spatula, I moved them around a little. While doing so, I spilled some oil out onto the stove BOOM! FREAKING INSTANT FLAME EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! It spread like wildfire all over the stove. Hahahahahahaha! I was literally freaking out! I went into shock and my mind went blank and had no idea what to do!  My companion was showering so he can't hear anything and I'm still in the kitchen wondering how the heck I'm gonna get out the fire and continue to live. So anyway, I pick up the fries from the fire and put them on the table and I turn off the stove and the fire is still growing this whole time like, really fast hahahah. Then I stop and I'm looking for something to do and I saw a rag so I grabbed it, stuck it under the sink and got it super wet and then just started whacking the living crap out of the fire and after about 4 or 5 whacks the fire was gone! It turned into a massive cloud of black smoke that filled the whole house! My comp gets out of the shower and goes, "What the heck is that smell?" I say "salchipapa hijo mío"! Oh my gosh! When I finally got the fire out I was shaking so bad. In the mission, adrenaline rushes don't come very often so when they do, no matter how small the rush, they come harddd! 😂 It was such good fun and at the end of the day, the salchipapas were delicious! :) 

I can't remember if I talked about Gabriel last week or not. He's a kid who's family is all members and we just barely figured out that he wasn't a member so we talked with him and his parents to see if we could teach him and he was all about it. On Tuesday, we had our first cita with him and we went into the lesson not knowing really exactly what we should teach... but the Spirit took over sooo hard once we got going. We went in and started talking with him and his dad, we talked about their 20 year old son who's studying in Brazil. They're also from Brazil so they have a thick Brazilian/Portuguese accent. Haha! I love it! I practice my Portuguese with them. They're awesome. Anyways, we got talking to Gabriel and I started asking him about what he likes to do and what he likes about the church and he shared his favorite scripture (Ether 12:6) talking about faith. After he shared that, I knew exactly what to talk about... faith! We talked about faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost & enduring to the end. He accepted a baptismal date for the 11th of March! He wants his dad to baptize him, which is kinda hard cuz his dad works as a truck driver so he's barely ever here.. so while he's gone right now, we are going to teach Gabriel everything and when he gets home, he'll be able to baptize him. :) Miracles people... MIRACLES! *in Josh's voice from Drake & Josh*  

We had a really good lesson with Leonor and her daughter Sara. We read thru the pamphlet of the Plan of Salvation and they had some really good questions about some good things that we helped them answer. She made us empanadas that were delicious. :) After the lesson was over, Sara went and got her iohawk hoverboard thing so you all know I hopped on that thing and took it for a little spin. 😎 Getting on and off that thing made me feel SO uncoordinated.  Oh man it was bad. I didn't fall tho so that was good. 

Other than that we pretty much just walked a tonnnnn so that sucks! It's all part of the experience, right? My time here in Fuen is quickly coming to an end, I think. I should be out of here and in to my last area around middle/end of March, but we will see what happens. I love and miss you all and hope you're doing wonderful. 😊😊😊 HAVE A FANDIDLYDASTIC WEEK 🤡

Much love.
Committed 💯✅
Sr. T Haaaaaaaaam 

Little bit of the Spanish coast for all my friends 😍




No comments:

Post a Comment