Elder Tanner Hammond

Elder Tanner Hammond

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Week 72: I almost got hit by a car today lol

Fellow Mates,

Oh my good golly gee I just want you all to know how much I miss you guys. I hope your week has been amazing, mine was pretty solid. :) I also just wanted to clear up two quick things about my email from last week. 
  1. When I said Abraham's wife, I meant Lot's wife. My bad haha. 
  2. Also 2nd thing, The selfie of me was not on the toile.. Hahaha! It was in the bathroom but I wasn't on the toilet, the lighting was just really good 😬😂! So, yeah!  Just so you know! :) 
BUT HERE'S MY WEEK!

Leonor - we met with her on Saturday and it was awesome! We haven't been able to meet with her for the past couple of weeks so it was good to finally meet with her. We watched the movie of John Tanner and talked about the faith he had to help the church out with his money and how he had the faith that his leg could be healed. We talked about how he acted on his faith. We told her that she needed to act in her faith as well. Last time we met with her we talked about how in order to be baptized she needs to either move out or get married. She told us neither of them really want to get married but she does want to get baptized. We told her to tell her boyfriend that she wanted to get baptized and see what he thought. Anyways, this time we did a check up on how it went but she said she wasn't able to talk to him about it, so we told her about how she really needs to trust in the Lord that he will help her out because she's doing what is necessary to return to live with him again. The spirit was so strong and it was awesome. :) So hopefully she is able to talk to him about it! Also, I forgot to mention we actually got a chance to meet him and he watched some of the movie with us but then he left. He's a good guy, but just doesn't have any interest.. yet. 😜

Bridget - well we met with her and her 14-year old daughter Nikol and we taught them at her friend's house who is a member with our ward mission leader and it was great! We talked about the restoration and she had a lot of good questions and it was good because we didn't know she had a daughter but she was there and listened and loved it as well! The best part was this Sunday. She was planning on coming to church with her friend, so we called her on Saturday to see if she was still coming but she didn't answer. When Sunday rolls around and we're about to start and she came in with Nikol and her 3 year old Christopher came in! Ahh! It was so awesome to see them all! They loved all three hours too so that is good. After sacrament meeting, one of the members came up to Nikol and they were already friends so that helped out a ton and the mom and Bridget were also already friends! It was awesome! They're both progressing really well and we are meeting with them tomorrow night and hopefully going to be setting a baptismal date. :) 

We had some interesting things happen this week with some Spaniards... I don't know why, but every Spanish male we talked to just was in the worst mood ever. First of all. I was making calls to see if some of the referrals we had wanted to meet with us and I called one of the numbers and asked for the girl and this guy says he has nothing to do with her, so I'm like alright well I might as well see if he has any interest... I go "Oh, excuse me I must be mistaken, what's your name?" He goes, "I've been talking to you for 30 seconds and you wanna know my name?" I say, "Oh, I'm sorry." Then he said that he doesn't  even know me and he's not going to give me his (lots of swear words) name. I said that I just wanted to share a message about Jesus with him. Oh my goodness! This guy went OFF. You guys all have seen the Spongebob episode where they learn about the swearwords right? At the end when Mr. Krabs just explodes with swears? Yeah, I felt like I was right there with them except instead of old car horns and dolphins squeals it was the and every other word you can think of. 

Second story. We were in the elevator on our way out to work and a guy gets in on the floor below us. The first thing out of his mouth is calling us swear words.  With a huge smile on my face I introduced myself and companion and said that we would like to get to know him better. He got even more mad! He starts yelling at me because apparently the missionaries before us make too much noise upstairs at 7:00 in the morning. I'm sure we make noise at that time also and so told him I was sorry and I'm like sorry we have weights we didn't know anyone lived below. We haven't had anyone tell us to keep it down before so we didn't know. I thanked him for telling us. Then I tell him I've only been here for like a month and he interrupts me and goes says he doesn't care if I've been here for 3 seconds or 4 years shut up! I'm like sorry guy we will. :) Then he's like, "I see Jesus on your door, I believe in Jesus and Jesus thinks of others. Well, you don't think of others. You just think about yourself! Uhhhh ohhhh... the family will understand when I say I almost went "Keri" on this guy. In the calmest way possible (on the calm scale of 1-10 (10 being my mom when she's absolutely livid) I give myself a 6) I told him I'd love for him to find two other 18-19 year old kids who gave up everything they had to come out here and serve God and serve other people. I told him that thinking of others and serving them is all I've done every single day for the past 18 months and I'm the happiest person ever doing it. When I said all that he didn't say a word. I told him if he has a problem with us next time to just politely ask if we could stop doing it and we'd be more than happy to stop. 😊 The best part of it all was we get out of the door and my comp goes.. "I have no idea what just went down or what was said but you just made that man poop his pants!" hahahahahhahah 😂

So yeah that's my week! :) It was a good one for sure even though those two jerk faces tried to ruin it hahaha. I hope you guys have an excellent week! 

Much Love.
George Lopez,
E. T Ham™

Some cool sand art!

Goofy!  My BOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment