Elder Tanner Hammond

Elder Tanner Hammond

Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 73: Selfies & Testigos 😛

Ladies & Gentlemen :) 

Ahh man! What a week it's been here in good ol Fuen :) S/O's this week: FAMILY cuz the best and sent me a package with dad's work friend full of letters and love. :) I love you family! :) My boy Brady Childs needs a shout out cuz he's peacin' tomorrow on the Lord's errand. He's gonna kill it in Brazil I know it. :) Good luck bro  Also shouts to Grandpa Kenneth and my cuzzzzz Kanon cuz they have their birthdays tomorrow! Happy birthday lads, love and miss you both. :) Alrighty then... I guess I'll tell you guys a little bit about my week! 

So Wednesday we had Zone Conference with two other zones over in Málaga, it was a really good conference! The APs called everyone telling them they had to prepare a five minute talk and that they'd choose three random missionaries to speak. Well, of all 55 missionaries there, guess who was one of them? Yep, me. 🙄 It's okay. :) I talked about The Doctrine of Christ and read a little bit in 2 Nephi 31 when Nephi is talking about Christ's example that we need to follow. I also shared a little bit out of the talk from last conference called "The Master Healer". It was good stuff. :) That night we had English classes and after a less active member calls us and is like, "Hey! I have two friends over right now, can you come
over?" So we're like siiiick. We went over and taught them but it wasn't anything special. They didn't seem too interested and honestly I don't think either of them understood Spanish para nada lol. One of them was from London and the other was from Turkey. I'd say it in Spanish then repeat it in English. It was weird. 

But that same less active member literally planned out our entire week for us! She has a ton of friends that she wants to listen to us. She scheduled at least one cita with all of them for every day of the week. Thursday we went over and we met with a new girl from Ecuador named Nancy. She had a little bit of interest, but maybe the more we teach her, the more she will open up. The lesson went really well though! We talked about the restoration a little bit and how much God loves us. :) 

Friday we had a lesson out in our pueblo called Benalmádena. It is a super touristy place. I love it. It's beautiful! We were supposed to meet in a park with a guy, but he was taking forever and we had to get back so we called him and rescheduled for Saturday. We caught the train home and then we went back over to Lorena's house (the less active who set up all the citas) and taught our investigator Bridget! We watched the restoration video with her and she had a ton of questions about baptism and the priesthood! She loved the video and is progressing really well. She mentioned how baptism is something that's life changing and how she really wants to make sure she does it for herself because it's what the spirit tells her is true. 😊 She also came to church with her daughter Nikol again yesterday! It was awesome and they both loved it a ton. :)  
Saturday we went back to meet with the guy who bailed on us on Friday, and he bailed on us again. It's okay because we contacted this guy who was very religious and he gave us a picture of Jesus and he just went off on what he thinks about Jesus. He's a good guy. And I also got a cool pic of the park/ocean so I'll for sure send that. :) Later we met with Leonor! Her baptism was supposed to be this day buuuut she's still living with her boyfriend. So we talked to her about that and she said she literally never had time to talk to him so it's really hard. He's always busy or she is doing something. But we read with her in 2 Nephi 31 about baptism and how if Christ was perfect but was still baptized, how important it is for us who aren't perfect to be baptized! She talked about how she really does want to be baptized, and she had some doubts/questions about the Priesthood and why women can't have it. We told her the priesthood is meant to bless everyone, not just the men, and how God said it would be that way, so that's how it is. Luckily our ward mission leader helps us take care of questions like that too. She understands now and she knows that just because the women in the church don't have the priesthood, doesn't mean they don't play a huge roll in the church. :) It was a really good lesson and instead of setting a new baptismal goal with her, we set a goal of when she needed to talk to Jamie (her boyfriend) so that later we can set a baptismal goal again.

A couple funny things that happened to end my email and will explain my subject line. We were walking in the street one morning and this construction worker comes up to us randomly.  He says, "Yo! Can I take a selfie with you guys?" I told him yes and so he took a selfie with us. :) Then later that day, we were just about to leave to go work and someone rings our door so I go over to the phone and pick it up and this guy asks if Christian lives here. I said I was sorry but he had the wrong piso. Two minutes later someone knocks on our door so I open the door and it's two guys and my first thought was Jehovah's Witnesses. I was right. They go hey is Christian or Isaac here? I'm like no. They say oh well someone told us his name was Isaac and that he lived here and wants to learn more about our church. We're Jehovah's Witnesses.  I say, "Well guys, Christian and Isaac don't live here and I'll be honest with you, I do exactly what you guys are doing but for my church, we're Mormons." They laughed and so they gave me a pamphlet from their church and  I went and grabbed a restoration pamphlet and gave it to them. So yeah that was definitely one of the weirder things that's happened to me on my mish. 

Well boys and girls, there ya have it. It's been a good week and we're hoping for another good one! Elder Bettridge's Spanish is coming a long little by little, but he'll get there. He's working hard! :) I love you all and I hope you have a great week! 

Much love.
Good News Preachin,
T_HAM2

My group from the MTC... our hermanas go home in 2 weeks! 😳

Pretty park :)

Me singing in the talent show 😂


No comments:

Post a Comment